Frequently Asked Questions
Answer all of your questions
The school is one of its kind in the entire Sarkaghat area. It aims to provide high quality education in the ideal environment with lush green campus and adequate sports facilities. We ensure that the next-generation leaders are armed with intelligence, personality and humanity.
The key points of difference are:
- Breaking from the norms – RKIS is an endeavor by the R.K. Educational and Social Welfare Society to reform the educational path. The school was started to ensure that Sarkaghat too has a school where international norms are followed so that the students grow up to be global citizens and have vast knowledge and intelligence and can mark their ways anywhere in the society and the world. This educational organization with its international identity is a network of values, systems and relationships.
- RKIS Principal and Teachers – Extremely experienced and highly educated staff ensures that the students benefit the most from all of them and grow not just academically but also as intellectuals and thinkers.
- More than an acre of safe, secured campus with all modern built to purpose facilities.
- Truly English Medium School as per CBSE pattern
- Professionally managed and well established systems.
- Special emphasis on English
We will offer Nursery to XIIth Grade (Medical, Non-Medical, Commerce) for the academic session 2017-18.
The curriculum framework adopted by school is NCF 2005 (National Curriculum Framework). The curriculum helps students to develop creative thinking skills, effective communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills.
The practices that school follows are:
- Learner centered approach
- Based on Indian culture
- Focus on developing values
- Equal emphasis on academics, sports and life skills
- Activity based teaching is adopted
- Textbook is only a guide – We go beyond the textbook
- Relate concepts to real life
- Multiple Intelligence based lessons
- Out of classroom learning – field trips, community surveys, Achiever meets
- Student and Teacher mentoring
- Continuous professional development for teachers
- Independent learning skills inculcate among learners
- Various activities and competition like recitation, elocution, debate etc.
- Continuous assessment through oral & written assignments
- RKIS focuses on conceptual understanding and not mere completion of syllabus
- Emphasis is laid on overall Personality Development of the students
- We motivate teachers to avoid Rote learning and adopt experiential learning
- We promote activity based learning, and emphasize on teaching life skills
- Attitudes and skills inculcated through activities
- Projects involving society included
- Field-trips, guest speakers, theme & activity based teaching used
- Child is involved in the process of learning
- Creative teaching techniques used
- Individual attention provided to child
- Differentiated instruction planned based on child’s abilities
- No tuition needed unless child has learning difficulties
- Counseling and reinforcement strategies used
- Extra attention is given to the slow learners
- Regular interaction with the parent so as keep the parents inform regularly
At RKIS, we firmly believe that the holistic development of the child can be achieved integrating the co-curricular programs such as fine arts, performing arts, sports and games. The school encourages students to be creative and independent. Center for Life Skills (CLS) is a first of its kind initiative that will add value to adolescents and equip them with right skill-sets to deal effectively with the demands and challenges of everyday life.
Current Session (2016-2017)
Monday to Saturday: 08:45 AM to 2.50 PM
( SECOND SATURDAY-HOLIDAY)
Academic Session (2017-2018)
Monday to Saturday: 08:45 AM to 2.50 PM
( SECOND SATURDAY-HOLIDAY).
Yes, transport is available from areas decided by the school management.
- Center for Life Skills
- Art and Craft Studio
- Music Room
- Language Lab
- Math Lab
- Science Lab (Chemistry, Physics & Biology)
- Computer Lab
- Multipurpose Activity Hall
- Open Air Theater
- Kids Play Area
- Indoor Sports
Child is our responsibility till he/she is in the school. School buses have adequate safety measures like emergency phone numbers, fire extinguisher, first aid box, etc. Our staff including a female staff would be there in buses with the students to keep a strict watch on the progress of his/her child. The campus is under the CCTV Surveillance to monitor the activities and movements on campus. Very soon, the school will be having Access Control Gates for the safety of students and staff.
The school is having a well equipped infirmary to take care of the children who are not feeling well. The care givers take proper care of the student and in case of need parents are contacted by the class teacher or the coordinator. A full-time nurse and a doctor on call are available in the school campus.
Admissions for academic year 2017-18 are in progress.
You can contact our Parents Relations Officer or Counselor who will assist you with all relevant details about the admission procedure. Please check the contact details for further inquiry.
Application forms are available at RKIS Campus, Nabahi, Sarkaghat 175024.
- Copy of student’s birth certificate.
- 2 Recent passport size photographs of student.
- Annual Mark Sheet or Report Card of previous school attended.(if applicable)
- Original Transfer certificate from the previous school attended.(if applicable)
- Caste Certificate (only if applicable)
(Note – Item 4, 5 & 6 can be submitted at a later date also)
The age criteria for admission to various classes are as below.
FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 2017-18
|GRADE||BORN BETWEEN DATES|
|NURSERY/LKG (Minimum 3 years on 1st day of school)||1.4.2013 to 31.3.2014|
|KG||1.4.2012 to 31.3.2014|
|GRADE 1||1.4.2010 to 31.3.2012|
|GRADE 2||1.4.2009 to 31.3.2011|
|GRADE 3||1.4.2008 to 31.3.2010|
|GRADE 4||1.4.2007 to 31.3.2009|
|GRADE 5||1.4.2006 to 31.3.2008|
|GRADE 6||1.4.2005 to 31.3.2007|
|GRADE 7||1.4.2004 to 31.3.2006|
|GRADE 8||1.4.2003 to 31.3.2005|
Since its inception, the school result has mostly been 100%.
You can make an appointment through the school office or in emergencies come straight in to the office and ask to meet with the teacher.
The diary has applications at the back which you can fill and submit to the teacher.
The diary has a list of holidays and each month has a day to day activity mentioned over there for information.
No we are sorry that the child can’t be picked up later than the stipulated time.